Listing of ETS Services

Agreement Management -  enables clients to fill in and submit an Online Application via ETS for Surrenders and Rental Reinstatements. You can create, and submit a new request, withdraw an existing request and retrieve final documents.  You can also request or grant authorization for agreements and set up electronic notification of Rental and Royalty Defaults.

Biddingenables clients to acquire Oil Sands and/or Petroleum and Natural Gas rights through an electronic bidding process. Clients will be able to select the parcels being offered for a sale, and if interested in acquiring the rights submit bid requests for a Public Offering using this system.

Correspondence - allows clients to send and receive data from the Department through a secure connection.

Crown Mineral Activity - is where the Alberta Energy approves applications for activities in undisposed Crown mineral rights.  This also involves the approval for applications for the purpose of re-entering an existing wellbore and linking wells to existing Crown agreements.

Crown PNG and Oil Sands Agreement Documents - designated Representatives can download Agreement documents created from the PNG and Oil Sands Public Offering.

Environment and Parks Public Lands Surface Dispositions Assignment - facilitates the electronic assignment of surface dispositions issued under the Public Lands Act within the province of Alberta. Assignments encompass all transactions, documents, and data exchanges associated with the assignment of the disposition holder's interest in the surface disposition to another party.

Freehold Mineral Tax - enables clients to query their own freehold production entity data, add and delete Lessees, transfer Lessee roles, download unit values and submit unit values.

Monthly Statements - (Surface and Mineral Rental) are published into ETS. Mineral/Surface clients can print/save the monthly statement, change the payment method to auto debit and add additional charges to the automatic withdrawal.

Offsets - enables client to retrieve documents sent by Alberta Energy, to submit Offset Notice Response, and to request authorization from the designated representative to submit an Offset Notice Response on their behalf.

Oil Sands Project Application and Royalty Reporting - operators can submit oil sands royalty project applications and royalty reports and request royalty information reports.

PNG Continuation - enables your company to fill in and submit an Online Application via ETS for Validation or Continuation or submit an Expiry Reinstatement request. You can create and submit a new application or request, amend an application, respond to an offer, and retrieve final documents. You can also request or grant authorization for agreements, wells, and data as required.PNG Continuation also allows your company to submit Third Party Requests via ETS for review of non-productivity. You can create and submit a request and retrieve response documents. Your company can also receive electronic notification of Non-Productivity Notices.

Posting - enables clients to apply for Oil Sands and Petroleum and Natural Gas (P&NG) rights through an electronic disposition request. Clients are able to query mineral rights availability and also submit posting requests for a Public Offering and Direct Purchase.

Registration of Encumbrances - facilitates the electronic registration of encumbrances, including, builders’ liens, security notices and certificate of lis pendens on Crown mineral agreements, as well as full/partial discharges of encumbrances, assignment of security interest and certified copies of encumbrances.

Unit Agreement Exhibit A - enables Unit Operators to revise and/or correct an Exhibit A and change unit operatorship to an active unit agreement online via ETS. Unit Operators and Working Interest Owners can also submit a report request and view the Exhibit A revision report online.

Searches enable clients to request variety of reports that shows status information on Crown surface land and Crown minerals including Certified Copies of Crown mineral agreements.

Transfers Ownership and/ or Designated Representative - facilitates all transactions, documents and data exchanges associated with the Crown registration of the transfer of the owner's interest in the mineral rights to another party, and Designated Representative changes. 

ETS online learning is also available, for access please see the ETS set up information or contact,

Crown Land Data
Alberta Department of Energy
9th Floor, North Petroleum Plaza
9945 – 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T5K 2G6
Phone:  780-422-1395 (toll free 310-0000)
Fax:  780-422-0382