Introduction To Surface Public Land And Crown Mineral Dispositions And Activities
Alberta Surface Public Land are contained within the Geographic Land Information Management and Planning System (GLIMPS).
Crown Mineral dispositions and activities are contained within the Alberta Mineral Information (AMI).
This data is essential to the management of agreements that cover publicly owned resources.
The primary applications of this system are:
- Provide access to accurate and timely information relating to public land, and surface and mineral interests on crown land e.g. surface activities, mineral dispositions; and
- Support data capture requirements of government departments through inputting and maintaining their data, e.g. all activities and land for Energy, Alberta Environment and Parks.
The data components include:Clients - all clients having an interest in Public Lands or Crown Minerals;
Activities - all surface dispositions, minerals agreements, restrictions, reservations, units, etc.;
Land - all Alberta township land and public subdivided land defined by a plan, block, lot reference, and;
Geo-administrative areas - such as provincial parks, special areas, etc.
More information on the Searches Detailed Descriptions, their data components and applicable fees.
This information is accessible to the public in 3 ways.
- Via the Electronic Transfer System.
- Via subscription to the Alberta Mineral Information (AMI) – Data Extracts. These extracts contain all Mineral posting, agreement, unit and restriction, encumbrance and well spacing units information contained on AMI.
Documentation on record layouts
- Alberta Mineral Information Data Extracts
- Related Cost
- Surface Entity Data File & GLIMPS Surface Data File
3. Clients that currently do not have ETS Account can send one time search requests via E-mail to CrownLandDataSupport@gov.ab.ca. A department of Energy (DOE) Client ID is required. If you do not have a DOE Client ID, please submit a Notice of Official Service Address form with your request.
For further information contact:
Crown Land Data Support / Client Registry central number 780-422-1395 (call toll free 310-0000)
Support E-mail: CrownLandDataSupport@gov.ab.ca