Department of Energy Key Initiatives
The following priority initiatives were previously set for Energy:
- Rebalanced Fiscal Framework: reduces the reliance on volatile non-renewable resource revenue in funding essential programs and services for Albertans.
- Restore the Sustainability Fund and, with Albertans' input, renew the Alberta Heritage Savings Fund.
- Review all government programs and services through Results-based Budgeting.
- Integrated Resource System: sets and achieves the environmental, economic and social outcomes Albertans expect from resource development and maintains the social licence to develop resources.
- Complete regional plans and the implementation of the Regulatory Enhancement Project, including the development of a single regulator for oil and gas.
- Develop a world-class monitoring system to provide transparent, reliable information on achievement of outcomes.
- Expanded Market Access: contributes to the sustainability of the province's export driven economy.
- Develop new access (e.g. through pipelines and rail) to markets outside the United States.
- Bitumen Royalty-In-kind
- Canadian Energy Strategy discussions
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Electric transmission facilities
- Lower Athabasca Regional Plan (LARP) the first plan under the Land Use Framework
- Oil Sands Strategic Plan
- Provincial energy strategy
- Regulatory Enhancement