Department of Energy Key Initiatives
The success of this government and Cabinet will be evaluated on the basis of our collective progress in delivering the priority initiatives, for Energy this includes:
- Rebalanced Fiscal Framework: reduces the reliance on volatile non-renewable resource revenue in funding essential programs and services for Albertans.
- Restore the Sustainability Fund and, with Albertans' input, renew the Alberta Heritage Savings Fund.
- Review all government programs and services through Results-based Budgeting.
- Integrated Resource System: sets and achieves the environmental, economic and social outcomes Albertans expect from resource development and maintains the social licence to develop resources.
- Complete regional plans and the implementation of the Regulatory Enhancement Project, including the development of a single regulator for oil and gas.
- Develop a world-class monitoring system to provide transparent, reliable information on achievement of outcomes.
- Expanded Market Access: contributes to the sustainability of the province's export driven economy.
- Develop new access (e.g. through pipelines and rail) to markets outside the United States.
- Bitumen Royalty-In-kind
- Canadian Energy Strategy discussions
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- electric transmission facilities
- Lower Athabasca Regional Plan (LARP) the first plan under the Land Use Framework
- Oil Sands Strategic Plan
- Provincial energy strategy
- Regulatory Enhancement