Budget 2016 and Energy Business Plans
The Public Accounts of Alberta are prepared in accordance with the Financial Administration Act and the Fiscal Management Act. The Ministry business plan sets desired performance results.
Alberta Energy Business Plan Effective 2017 - 2020
Alberta Energy Business Plan Effective 2016 - 2019
Archived Energy Business Plans are available on the Alberta's Open Government site.
Energy currently has the following key strategies:
- Implement Royalty Review recommendations; Royalties - public or industry
- Energy Diversification Advisory Committee
- Diversification of energy resource value chains (Petrochemicals Diversification Program)
- Climate Leadership
- Alberta’s market access for energy resources and products
- Responsible resource development including cumulative effects, such as regional planning, and liabilities related to inactive, aging and orphaned wells and facilities
- Strategy for Alberta’s energy system over the next thirty to forty years (capacity market )
- Smart regulate Alberta’s electricity retail system to protect consumers