Petrochemicals Diversification ProgramTwo approved Petrochemicals Diversification Program projects totaling up to $6 billion in private investment were announced on December 5, 2016.
Modern Electricity MarketAlberta’s electricity market is transitioning to a new capacity market framework which will reduce price volatility and provide the stability and reliability the system needs to transition to a lower carbon future.
Modernized Royalty FrameworkTwo new royalty programs announced July 11th will encourage oil and gas producers to explore new areas and boost production in other areas of Alberta.
Energy Diversification Advisory CommitteeExpert advisory committee created to develop options on how best to diversify Alberta’s oil and gas sector.
- Albertans now allowed to generate more green electricity
- Additional PPA agreements reached
- Modernized royalty system ready for the New Year
- Petrochemical plants will diversify economy, create jobs
- More stability for electricity consumers
- Door-to-door energy sales ban will protect consumers