Modernized Royalty FrameworkTwo new royalty programs announced July 11th will encourage oil and gas producers to explore new areas and boost production in other areas of Alberta.
Modern Electricity MarketAlberta’s electricity market is transitioning to a new capacity market framework which will reduce price volatility and provide the stability and reliability the system needs to transition to a lower carbon future.
Climate Leadership PlanUnder the purview of Environment and Parks, Alberta's Climate Leadership Plan will protect the province's health, environment and economy, and contribute to a more sustainable future.
Energy Diversification Advisory CommitteeExpert advisory committee created to develop options on how best to diversify Alberta’s oil and gas sector.
- More stability for electricity consumers
- Door-to-door energy sales ban will protect consumers
- Alberta announces coal transition action
- Consumers to benefit from stable, reliable electricity market
- Price cap to protect consumers from volatile electricity prices